Sunday, March 16, 2014

The secret life of "The Bates's" PART 1


"A boy's best friend is his mother." - Norman Bates

Well, the heading of this post is mostly directed towards Norma and Norman Bates. Mother and son, Norma and Norman have a very unusual relationship.These characters are based from the novel Psycho by Robert Bloch and the 1960's film Psycho by Alfred Hitchcock. In March 2013, the A&E network aired a TV series called Bates Motel. Bates Motel is a prequel to the film Psycho. Season two of Bates Motel aired two weeks ago on March third, 2014.
I personally have not seen the Psycho film or read the novel, so I was a bit freaked out about the weird mother/son relationship between  Norma and Norman. After watching the first episode of the first season, I remember doing a bit of background research before actually fully devoting myself (and time) to the show. I thought the concept was quite interesting. For anyone who does not know what the gist of Bates Motel or Psycho is, then let me educate you on that.

**SPOILER ALERT AHEAD**

SOO...Basically, the show is a prequel to Psycho. The mom and son have an odd relationship. For instance, whenever the son want to go out with friends the mom feels jealous. She starts getting mad at her son for going out with other "girls" or friends. Also, vice versa, when Norman (the son) sees the mom with any "man", he gets jealous as well. Another example, is the mom (Norma) changes her clothes in front of her son. Now, don;t you think that's a bit odd? I know I do. In addition, Norman (the son) has some odd psychological issue. (SPOILER**) For example, the season one finale, the viewer can infer that Norman killed his teacher. The series does not physically show Norman murdering his teacher, however, in the season 2 premiere, it shows him holding he pearl necklace. QUESTION. How on earth did he get her necklace if he did not kill her?

ANYWAYS, my friends are yelling at me to go watch the film with them soo I will post my feels about the 1960's film Psycho in like a few hours! Good day, everyone. (or no one. because this is my first post!)



No comments:

Post a Comment