Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Th secret life of a crazed college student

    Well, my history midterm just ended. I can feel the ton of bricks at my chest going away. Haha Honestly though, I was freaking out way too much for that midterm. So for our History midterm, we had to study two very broad topics (that we learned in class) and write an essay about it. We only were given the topics (that were very broad) and the information. We were not given any of the prompt questions though...I think I still managed without the prompt questions being given ahead of time. Anyways, I studied the role of women in the 1850'-1900's and the labor movements.
 
    I made flashcards and studied for a week. The sad thing was is that the midterm was right after spring break. Which meant I had to study over the spring break. Also, my birthday was on Saturday, the weekend before school was in session again. That made me angry and depressed. I could have fun on the weekend but that meant I would have to study on the weekdays. I was quite distracted though, on spring break. (It was one week long) For instance, I kept waking up late and watching my many shows I had missed when school was in session. Also, I went out with and hung with my cousins because it was their spring break as well. Wherever I went or whatever I did, I always had my flashcards with me. I tried looking at them, or even glancing at them. I swear, it is like I know everything with one glance. That is quite odd for me because usually studying takes up a lot of my time. What I am saying is that in order for me to do well, I always take at least one week to study...WITHOUT distractions.

    However, this time it was different. I do not know why but it was. By the end of the week, I knew mostly all the flashcards my memory. Even the night before the exam, I continued studying until 1 AM and I could close my eyes for 2 seconds and quickly recite everything. It's funny because the morning I woke up for my exam, I was still reciting in my head. Like I was cut off from my dreams, and in my dream I was studying for the history exam.
   
    Well, who knows how I did. Like my mom says, "Always think positively". And I have and am thinking very optimistically. Flashcards are always helpful. I will definitely recommend it to anyone who is struggling with studying or homework.



Thanks for listening to my rant.

-Dor xxo

1 comment:

  1. I love your're flash card studying skills which I will consider trying it. Your commitment to keep studying even on the time where you might of thought it was going to be a break for you, but I think that you will of done a well job in your mid-term. Best of luck. - stopdropitskaren

    ReplyDelete