Friday, April 4, 2014

The secret life of "The Messenger"

“Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are.” 
                                                            
                                                           - I Am the Messenger by Mark Zusak 


This wonderful quote from above is from the beautiful novel by Mark Zusak titled, I Am the Messenger. Whenever I read a novel, I ALWAYS find a quote that speaks to me or made me think or influenced me. For those who have not read the novel, (A little background info about it)

  I Am the Messenger is about a young man who lives a boring life and one day when he stops a bank robbery his life changes forever. Ever since he stopped the bank robbery, the first (of many) aces arrives in the mail. That is when Ed Kennedy becomes "The Messenger". Someone is sending him cards with instructions to help someone but who is behind the mission?


This quote is exceptionally true because the physical look of a person and their personality is not the main aspect one should look forward to. Sometimes "what they are" is the important part to look at. In my opinion, I feel that one should not look too deeply into someone. If they do, then they will find the negative and positive aspects of that person. What if the negative part changes what one thinks of the person? An opinion about someone can change drastically by finding out the negative aspects of someones life. 

So, sometimes it is best to forget the past and look to the future. We people have one life and what is the point in keeping "grudges" or not "forgiving" someone for something they did? Even if it is COMPLETELY horrible, take time and forgive the person. In the quote  the "what they are" part of the quote means the overall view of a person. 

People are beautiful in their own way, not their physical looks and not what they say just in what they are. Look beyond the past and look forward to the future. Overall, live life with optimism and positiveness. That is how I live and that is working out quite well for me.

-Dor xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment